Thomas has joined together with a team of specialists to develop lower cost Solar PV installations that will be competitive with carbon fueled utility power reducing the need of government tax incentives or utility rebates and increasing the territories where Solar PV projects can be applied.
Thomas Mort is a strong, innovative, recognized leader in the field of operational excellence and continuous improvement with more than 30 years’ experience.
He is currently a principal of Thomas Mort Consulting LLC. He leads a team of experts matching “best available energy technologies” to cost conscious facilities. Breaking down project barriers and turning them into cost effective opportunities.
He was previously the Global Energy Director for Archer Daniels Midland Company. His responsibilities included developing, leading, implementing, and administrating company-wide programs focused on improving methods for managing energy usage.
He has extensive international experience and training in multiple plant systems, along with technical team leadership, motivational presentations, and global program implementation.
Thomas’s unique energy management workshop programs are utilized by many consultants and corporations to drive low cost high value energy reductions across large global manufacturing companies.
Certifications, Licenses, and Recognitions
• International Energy Manager of the Year 2013, Association of Energy Engineers.
• Inducted as a Legends in Energy by the Association of Energy Engineers in 2008
• SAE International Environmental Excellence Award 2001 and in 2002
• Energy Manager of the Year US 1999 by the Energy Manager Magazine
• Elected member of the CPS Energy Citizens Advisory Committee
• Published white papers relating to metering, HVAC, compressed air, heat recovery, lighting, demand control, water conservation, and structured analysis processes.
• ISO 50001 Presentations at the World Energy Engineering Congress 2011.
• Key Speaker at multiple manufacturing and energy conferences across US and Europe.
• Key Speaker at the Academy of Science Industrial Heat Recovery Conference 2011.
• Compressed Air Best Practices Advisory Board since 2012
• Active member of IECA, Industrial Energy Consumers of America.
Thomas Mort, Founder